NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
HIPAA Disclosure-Notice of Privacy Practices
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), provides privacy protections for protected health information (PHI).
The Health Care Authority (HCA) follows HIPAA rules for Apple Health (Medicaid) and Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) programs and must provide privacy protections for personal and health information collected about members, applicants, state employees and retirees, even after death. This includes written, spoken, and electronic information.
For more information on HCA notice of privacy practice please visit:
Limitations of Confidentiality
Your participation in therapy, the content of our sessions, and any information you provide to me during our sessions is protected by legal confidentiality. Some exceptions to confidentiality are the following situations in which I may choose to, or be required to, disclose this information:
• If you give me written consent to have the information released to another party;
• In the case of your death or disability I may disclose information to your personal representative;
• If you waive confidentiality by bringing legal action against me;
• In response to a valid court order or subpoena from the secretary of the Washington State Department of Health for records related to a complaint, report, or investigation;
• If I reasonably believe that disclosure of confidential information will avoid or minimize an imminent danger to your health or safety or the health or safety of any other person;
• If, without prior written agreement, no payment for services has been receive after 90 days, the account name and amount may be submitted to a collection agency;
• If I have any other legal duty, obligation, or right to report.
As a mandated reporter, I am required by law to disclose certain confidential information including suspected abuse or neglect of children under RCW 26.44 and suspected abuse or neglect of vulnerable adults under RCW 74.34, or as otherwise required in proceedings under RCW 71.05.